If you work in a typical school then you’re about to begin one of the largest and most important behind-the-scenes tasks in your school year.
You’ll be sending out re-enrolment forms, Year Level contact forms and seeking to update medical details for the student body. This is a 5 to 6 week epic journey that includes:
- preparing the forms
- preparing the data
- sending the forms to parents – post, schoolbag, general email
- chasing form return
- inputting updated data into your student management system
- checking for mistakes and inaccuracies
- collating the data
- crossing fingers that it’s all okay
What’s the secret way?
Yet this whole process could be much, much easier. It’s a secret that ParentPaperwork schools know and have been keeping from you! Schools who use ParentPaperwork remove the human labour component and let technology do the work for them. Using our platform to distribute your forms and capture and report your data, can reduce the time it takes to complete the re-enrolment process to a matter of days.
The school and parents are the winners here!
We know from the experienced educators on our team, that parents dread receiving the annual student update and re-enrolment forms and greet them mentally as one would the family member who makes a scene at Christmas lunch every year. They’ve got to be attended to but every minute spent filling them out is done through gritted teeth.
On ParentPaperwork your re-enrolment forms can capture:
- commitments to policies
- contact details
- medical updates
- global permissions
- any other data that you need to capture from parents before the school year commences.
And something that will really get you excited…
Once you have this information captured ParentPaperwork will pre-fill on future re-enrolment forms. Meaning parents are not filling out the same information, like Medicare numbers and Ambulance details over and over.
We have to ask – what would the value of this elegant re-enrolment solution be to your school community?
Setting up for 2017 – Current Customers
In the meantime, current ParentPaperwork schools are thinking about getting ready for the 2017 school year. Here are some common tasks to consider for later in December or in January:
- Move students who left at the end of 2016 to a new Student List;
- Remove students from Year Level and Class Student Lists;
- Re-import your students and parents to ensure existing students are allocated to the correct Student Lists; and new students and parents records are created;
- Archive Slips from last year so whilst they are easily accessible, they’re not displayed by default when you are viewing your Parent Slips list;
- Disable staff who have left the school; add new Staff Users.
Back to School Forms
ParentPaperwork is the perfect solution for all your global or blanket permission forms: photo permissions; policy consents; head lice checks and the forms you wish parents to complete and return before day one, term one 2017.
Once your students and parents for 2017 are organised in ParentPaperwork it is a doddle to set up your Back to School forms and distribute. Then you can sit back and watch as the responses roll in.
We’d be delighted to help you get ready for 2017. If you’d like assistance setting up your students/parents, and/or sending out back to school forms, please email [email protected]