Today we are announcing the release of a raft of changes to the way you can view, list and manage the Responses submitted by Parents.
High on the list of requests from schools has been the ability to deal with situations where a particular student for some reason or other did not receive their Slip. Typically there are two scenarios:
- The Student was not allocated to the Student List when the Slip was emailed out.
- The Student did not have a Parent Contact allocated, or the Parent Contact did not have an email address configured when the Slip was emailed out.
The new features released today address both of these situations. We have substantially overhauled the Responses list when you view a Slip. The two big changes are:
- You can now Resend the emails for a particular Student by clicking the Resend link.
- There is a new section called Other Students that will display if there are Students on the Lists selected, but who have not been sent the Slip. You can click the Send Slip link, they will be sent the emails and be moved to the list of Responses above.
In the situation where a Student appears on the Other Students list, but their Parent Contact(s) don’t have email addresses, you will be told this, and will not see a Resend link until email addresses are configured.
In addition we have also made the following changes:
- The Responses list now has paging. We’ve noticed schools sending hundreds of Slips out, so the list becomes very long and unwieldy. It made sense to introduce paging, you’ll now see 100 Responses at a time, and can move through the list by clicking the page numbers at the top right.
- The Student and Parent names now are clickable links so you can jump to their specific records. This is particularly handy when you are working to resolve a problem, for example dealing with a missing email address for a Parent. Previously you would have had to go and search for the Parent’s name, now you can just click through.