ParentPaperwork wins at StartUp Victoria Pitch Night


ParentPaperwork was one of five companies presenting at the StartUp Victoria Pitch Night in Melbourne yesterday in front of five judges and around 300 audience members. And we won!

For the past four weeks Fiona and David, the founders of ParentPaperwork, have participated in pitch training workshops organised by StartUp Victoria, led by two fantastic mentors Nic Hodges and Nick Rakis. They’ve been wonderful in guiding all of the five companies through a process of refining and distilling our presentations, to ensure we maximised our 6 minutes on stage. We’re very grateful to them for their advice.

The other four companies were:

Everyone had amazing pitches prepared by the time we turned up at Inpsire9 in Richmond last night, and with five such diverse businesses it’s a tough call on the judges to try to compare what some could call apples and oranges. Here we all are on stage (that’s David and Fiona on the left).


But in the end ParentPaperwork was announced as the winner, which we are over the moon about.

Winning this is a lovely affirmation of our business idea and plans. The 5 judges were 75% of the vote, the other 25% came from the audience. A number of people were tweeting during the pitches, and some tweeted some pretty positive comments about us, so we can expect something of a network effect to continue on for a little while as people pick up on that activity online.

Our prizes include:

We already were excited by the future for ParentPaperwork, last night was a terrific affirmation for us that we are on the right track.